eForm MSME FORM-I is required to be filled pursuant to Order dated 22 January, 2019 issued under Section 405 of the Companies Act, 2013 and which are reproduced for your refernce:
1. Specified Companies (Furnishing the information about payment to micro and small enterprise suppliers) Order, 2019, all companies, who get supplies of goods or services from micro and small enterprises and whose payments to micro and small enterprise suppliers exceed forty five days from the date of acceptance or the date of deemed acceptance of goods or services as per the provisions of section 9 of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006 (27 of 2006) (hereafter referred to as “Specified Companies”), shall submit a half yearly return to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs stating the following:
- the amount of payment due and
- the reason of the delay;
- Specified companies means all companies who get the goods or services from the Micro or Small enterprises and Whose payment is outstanding more than 45 days from the date of acceptance or deemed acceptance of goods or services.
- Micro or Small enterprises means (including Proprietorship firm, partnership firm, HUF, AOP, Companies, cooperative societies etc)
|Classification||Investment in Plant & Machinery In case of Manufacturing Industry||Investment in equipment In case of Service Sector|
|Micro||Upto Rs. 25Lakhs||Upto Rs. 10 Lakhs|
|Small||More than Rs. 25 Lakhs but does not exceed of Rs. 5 Crore||More than Rs. 10 Lakhs but does not exceed of Rs. 2 Crore|
- One enterprises can be considered only MSME enterprises if that enterprise hold the registration certificate under MSME or having Udyog Aadhar registration certificate.
- Form MSME-I is not required to be filled in case of get the goods or services from Medium Enterprises.
2. Every specified company shall file in MSME Form I details of all outstanding dues to Micro or small enterprises suppliers existing on the date of notification of this order within thirty days from the date of publication of this notification.
- Detail of all outstanding dues existing on the date of notification of this order i.e 22 January 2019.
- Time limit- Within 30 days i.e. (Publication of notification is 1st May 2019 so last date of filling of this MSME-I Form is 30th May 2019).
- Initial return:-
- This return is required to be filled once a time in case of outstanding dues on the date of notification of order i.e. 22 January 2019.
- Last date of filling of this return/Form is 30th May 2019.
3. Every specified company shall file a return as per MSME Form I annexed to this Order, by 31st October for the period from April to September and by 30th April for the period from October to March.
Regular Half yearly return:-
- This return is required to be filled every half yearly in case of outstanding dues exceeding more than 45 days.
- Time Limit:-April to September :- Due date is 31st October and October to March :- Due date is 30th April.
FORM MSME-I details:-
- Name of the MSME holder
- PAN of the MSME holder
- Amount due against the supplier of goods or services
- Date from which the amount is due
- Reason of delay
ROC Fees for filling of this FORM MSME-I:-
- Normal Fees:- No
- Addition Fees:- No
- Logic behind this is because Event date and Time limit (days) for filling is Not Applicable in this Form.
Non filling of Form MSME-I:-
If any company fails to file FORM MSME-I within the due date then company liable to pay fine which may extend to Rs. 25000/- and
Every officer of the company who is in default shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 6 months or with fine which shall not less than of Rs. 25000/- but may extend of Rs. 300000/- or both.